Charters Towers Visitor Information
Charters Towers is a town in northern Queensland, Australia. It is located approximately 134 km southwest of Townsville and 1,134 km north of Brisbane.
Things to Do
- Visit the World Theatre
- Explore the historical sites such as Stock Exchange Arcade, Millchester and Venus Battery
- Experience gold panning and tour the gold mines
- Go birdwatching at the Lissner Park
- Take a leisurely stroll at the Towers Hill
There are several accommodation options in Charters Towers to suit every budget, including:
- Hotels and motels
- Bed and breakfasts
- Holiday parks
Charters Towers can be accessed via car or bus from Townsville and Brisbane airports. There are several rental car companies available in the area. Additionally, there is also a local bus service that runs within Charters Towers.
Charters Towers has a tropical climate with hot summers and mild winters. The average temperature during the daytime is around 32°C in summer and 23°C in winter.
- The local currency is the Australian dollar (AUD)
- The time zone is Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
- The emergency services number is 000
With its rich history and natural beauty, Charters Towers is a must-visit destination for anyone travelling to northern Queensland. Plan your visit now and experience all that this charming town has to offer.