Charters Towers Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Charters Towers?
Tourist Attractions in and Around Charters Towers in Queensland, Australia
Charters Towers is a fascinating and historic town located within the picturesque tablelands of North Queensland. Here are some of the top tourist attractions in and around the region that will enhance your visit to this beautiful part of the country:
1. Texas Longhorn Wagon Tours: Located just 10km outside of Charters Towers, visitors can experience the thrill of a horse-drawn wagon tour amongst the majestic and rare Texas Longhorn cattle. This tour offers a unique perspective of the countryside, as well as fun and educational information about these iconic and beautiful animals. Contact them on +61 409 772 401 for booking details.
2. Charters Towers Ghost Tours: This tour is perfect for those who love a good scare. Visitors can explore the historic town with a guide who shares supernatural stories of Charters Towers that are sure to send shivers down your spine. To secure your spot, contact +61 419 026 162.
3. Miner’s Cottage: This quaint and charming cottage showcases the authentic living conditions of miners in the late 19th century. It’s a great place to learn about the local history of the town and region. For more details, reach out to them on +61 7 4761 5515.
4. Towers Hill Lookout: Approximately 2km outside of town, the Towers Hill lookout offers an unmatched 360-degree view of the surrounding landscape. It’s the perfect spot to take in the scenery, particularly at sunrise or sunset. You can contact the tourism office on +61 7 4761 5533 if you have any questions about this attraction.
5. Venus Gold Battery: The Venus Gold Battery is a wonderfully restored, interactive museum that tells the story of mining in Charters Towers throughout history. Visitors can take a step back in time whilst exploring the entire process of extraction and processing of gold. For more information, reach out to the museum on +61 7 4761 5533.
6. Dalrymple National Park: This park spans over 55,500 hectares and is located only 17km from Charters Towers. With free entry, visitors can take a scenic drive through the wetlands as well as enjoying various camping sites and walking tracks. If you’re interested, contact the park booking office on +61 7 4753 8739.
7. Burdekin Dam: This impressive dam is one of the biggest in Queensland and offers an excellent opportunity for fishing. It also supplies Charters Towers and surrounding towns with much needed water. If you want to know more about this attraction, call the Townsville office on +61 7 4776 5222.
Overall, there are many fun and informative activities to choose from in and around Charters Towers. Each attraction offers a dynamic, cultural experience that is sure to leave a lasting impression on any visitor. Take a step back from city life and immerse yourself in the beauty of North Queensland.
Charters Towers Tourism Articles